I was asked to create a list of 10 tips on being a graphic designer, listmaking is very hip huh? ;-) So I thought I’d share my list with you guys. Totally subjective of course, make your own!
1. Always take the road less travelled, sometimes take the road with the most obstacles and learn from overcoming them.
2. Never think what a solution SHOULD be, but what it COULD be.
3. Never let technology/craft be a hindrance of going with a good idea, figure it out!
4. See things from another angle; see it from far away, up really close, from underneath or on top, pull it apart and put it back together in a different way.
5. Do good with what you have available. There is beauty in everything, you might just have to look a little harder to find it!
6. Perfection is sometimes the imperfect.
7. If something is good enough, is it really good?
8. Breathe! Timeout!
9. See mistakes as detours rather than mistakes.
10. Helvetica is hardly ever the answer, merely a placeholder.