A few weeks ago I went to the Finders/Keepers market in Copenhagen, so much good stuff to spend hard earned money on ;-) Among which my briliant students had a stand selling t-shirts, totebags and other goodies. I got the wicked shirt and totebag seen below (sorry, it’s Danish humour). If you want their stuff too you can buy it at Hooha (Elmegade 14) or go to their Facebook page, I think they’re happy chucking things in the mail. The money goes toward their inspiration trip to Berlin, so get spending to support poor students!
I was asked to create a list of 10 tips on being a graphic designer, listmaking is very hip huh? ;-) So I thought I’d share my list with you guys. Totally subjective of course, make your own!
1. Always take the road less travelled, sometimes take the road with the most obstacles and learn from overcoming them.
2. Never think what a solution SHOULD be, but what it COULD be.
3. Never let technology/craft be a hindrance of going with a good idea, figure it out!
4. See things from another angle; see it from far away, up really close, from underneath or on top, pull it apart and put it back together in a different way.
5. Do good with what you have available. There is beauty in everything, you might just have to look a little harder to find it!
6. Perfection is sometimes the imperfect.
7. If something is good enough, is it really good?
8. Breathe! Timeout!
9. See mistakes as detours rather than mistakes.
10. Helvetica is hardly ever the answer, merely a placeholder.
Filed under: This and That
I think you have a very good point about this loccation, and this part of town is often overlooked in regards to attractions. I bike past this place every morning and I can’t wait to see it full of life.
Drop me a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll tell you how to collect your prize, see you there! :-)
For the rest of you, here’s a few shots of Jesper’s tip, great project by BIG.
OK I haven’t changed the focus of this blog to interior design but I just have to show you the wonderful settings of Parliament, a Portland based design studio. Isn’t it just lovely??? I’m sure it’s wonderful to work there. It reminds me a little bit of Hello Monday in Århus. Hey, send me links to pics of your spaces if you’ve made them all nice and inspiring.
Filed under: This and That
If you have kids and want to do the classic height measuring on the wall why not do it on one of these fab oversized rulers from Studio 1 a.m.? It might as well look good in the process. Even if I don’t have kids I think I’d like them hanging on my wall.
See more: http://studio1am.com/
If it’s that time of day where you need a sugar rush you can nibble on Kim Neill’s Pantone chip biscuits. Love, love LOVE this project, really puts a smile on my face. Wonder how accurate she is with the colours, better find out! ;-)
See more: http://www.kimcreativestar.com
For some reason I keep coming across really cool chocolate, it’s quite bad for my weight! But must show you Chocolate Editions cause they did a chocolate pie chart which is super cool. Great way to suck up to your info graphics teacher :-) All their chocolate bars have really nice and simple patterns too.
See more: http://www.chocolate-editions.com